PMC creates custom PdM program solutions for:
- Customers that would like to develop an effective/sustainable PdM program in- house
- Customers that currently contract with an outside service but would like to bring it in-house
- Customers that have purchased an infrared camera and have started a PdM program but aren’t see expected results
- Customers that currently have an in-house program but are not seeing satisfactory results, consider a Performance Audit of your current program to find areas where improvements could be made.
PdM program Considerations:
I have found, through my exposure with hundreds of camera owners and hundreds of customers around the country, one of the highest frustration points is not in how to use a camera or even the basic of understanding infrared principles but how to put it all together once you get back to your place of work.
What PMC can do: We come to your facility like any other inspection company with one big difference. We set up your program and teach you how to manage it! We can supply an inventory list when an inspection is due and follow up with the appropriate reports when the inspection is complete. All reports are sent and your data is available on a secure web site for viewing 24/7.
|Performing an inspection||Other services in general||PMC LLC|
|Barcode all assets||?||Yes|
|Enter assets into inventory||Yes||Yes|
|Wipe down outside of panel||No||Yes|
|Open panel and dead front||Yes (should)||Yes|
|Vacuum inside of panel||No||Yes|
|Create reports and send to client||Yes||Yes|
|Post inspection meeting||Yes||Yes|
|Report info avail 24/7 on web||No||Yes|
|Train client to run above routes||No||Yes|
|Provide ongoing support to|
client as they manage day to day
If the client wants to set up their own inspection, here are a few considerations:
- Review your line drawings
- Review historical data on your various plant assets
- Start small
- Set up one route (by area, asset type, priority, etc)
- Practice the route
- Load and learn your camera manufactures’ software
- Organize your computers Windows Explore files to handle your images
- Files by:
- Asset Type
- Problem Found
- Create a method to track all of your assets including problems for easy access
- Once you have the process down add another route and follow the same process you created
- Modify as needed
- Add another route etc, etc, etc
I concur that this is a bit simplistic but believe it or not, it works! This exact approach was implemented at a local but very large MN based company. They are currently using the program worldwide at all their plants.
We at PMC have a unique approach to helping you set up a very viable and sustainable PdM Program. If you have questions or would like to discuss your various options, please contact us. This is what we do!!
We at PMC can help take your need for a viable predictive maintenance program to the next level. We have the knowledge and the tools to help you design a program and bring it to life. We even have a special program where we go through all the steps to design and set up your PdM program and operate it as a contractor for the first year. The second year we train your team on your camera, the fundamentals of thermography and all the while work on turning this functioning PdM program over to you.